Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Kael!

Happy Birthday Kael! Kael is currently napping (as pictured in the bottom photo) getting ready for an exciting day. Well, not really. We are just hanging out at home and then going to the mall to play at the playland later today. Hopefully tonight we will go to the hospital to have supper with Daddy!
Kael and I are flying back to Sioux Falls tomorrow night. We tried to leave on Sunday night by way of the Tahoe but things changed. About an hour into the trip my tired blew out, I mean really blew out. After getting stopped Kael woke up and was crying and so he made me start crying and I didn't know what to do. Out in the middle of no where, pitch black (9:30pm) with no idea what to do. I called Ryan and he had me call our 24 hr roadside assistance, they weren't sure where I was so they had me call 911 to get police assistance. After over an hour of waiting, the officer finally showed up and tried to figure out how to get our spare out for under the vehicle. Ryan was in route so by the time he showed up, the two of them were able to change the tire. It was kind of funny, the officer was bald with glasses and of course Ryan is bald and was wearing his glasses. Two bald men trying to change a tire, funny! Anyway, it was about 12:30 or 1:00 before we got back to Denver. Never will I try that again. It was a good thought but after that experience it isn't worth it!
So we are flying and we will stay for a while and get a flight back sometime at the end of the month. Regan is with Ryan's parents now and will go to the Parker fair this week so she is excited about that. I don't think she really misses us but we sure do miss her. I will update more photos when we get back. I will check my e-mail often so please write, we love to get new messages to see how everyone is doing.

Kari


No comments: