Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We returned home to Denver on Friday night and boy was it nice to be home. My dad and grandpa followed us here on their way to Arizona. It was nice to have them travel with us and it made me feel much better about the 10+ hour drive with two kids. They stayed with us Friday night and left early on Saturday morning. They will be visiting the Feuerhelm's (my grandma's side of the family) and also many friends my grandpa hasn't seen in almost six years since they moved back to Sioux Falls. There will be a lot of golf I'm sure and my dad wants to see the Cubs training camp.

We have been relaxing and enjoyed the nice weekend weather. It was 75 degrees on Saturday so the Zoo was a must for the kids. The traffic line to the zoo was about 1 mile long and it was very difficult to find a parking spot. The kids enjoyed it and they even had to wear sunscreen! On Sunday we woke up to snow. The temp dropped over 45 degrees in less than 12 hours, how crazy is that? The snow is now melted and we are enjoying a lazy morning at home. Kael is playing and Regan is watching Dragon Tales. Back to normal!

My dad will be inducted into the Iowa High School Athletic Directors Hall of Fame after Easter and I would really like to be there so we may head back at the end of the month. We are so proud of him and what a great honor!

I will let you all know what we decide to do. Enjoy the warmer weather!

No comments: